Sunday, March 1, 2015

Interview with author, Tamsen Schultz (The Frailty of Things)



















Why did you pursue writing?
Like a lot of writers, having voices and stories in my head gets a bit cluttered so I have to get them out onto paper. In terms of pursuing it as a career, that came a bit later and I think I did it mostly to see if I could – I love writing and sharing and entertaining and getting published and getting my stories out there is one way to do that.
What inspired your book?
I’m fascinated by questions that are grey and have no right answer – “what ifs” are a writer’s fodder. Kit, the main heroine, was part of an event in her younger years that could be perceived as both good and bad…it’s an interesting question to pose. It also raises all sorts of issues of trust and what it takes to forgive others as well as ourselves.
How long have you been publishing your work?
My first book, “The Puppeteer,” came out in September of 2012 and I’ve released four others since then.
What’s your writing environment like?
I do have an office, but whether I write there depends of who else is home that day or what scenes I need to write. Generally, I like it quiet. Like deadly-silent-quiet. That said, with a husband, two boys, a dog, and four cats, that kind of quiet isn’t always easy to come by so I try to make do and not go completely psycho on my family when they do things like, you know, sneeze or flush a toilet.
What projects are you currently working on?
I’m writing the fifth book in Windsor Series called “An Inarticulate Sea.” For those who have read the series, it’s Carly and Drew’s story. For those of you new to the series, Carly is Windsor’s Deputy Chief of Police and Drew is a whole lot of things.


Author Bio:

Tamsen Schultz is the author of several romantic suspense novels and  American Kin (a short story published in Line Zero Magazine).  In addition to being a writer, she has a background in the field of international conflict resolution,  has co-founded a non-profit, and currently works in corporate America. Like most lawyers, she spends a  disproportionate amount of time thinking (and writing) about what it might be like to do  something else. She lives in Northern California in a house full of males including her husband, two sons, four cats, a dog, and a gender-neutral, but well-stocked, wine rack.

Twitter: @tamsenschultz

1 comment: