Monday, May 9, 2016

Choice of the Week: In Common by Alicia Keys

Honestly, I didn't know any of Ms. Keys songs before Girl on Fire. I wish I did. The main reason why I like this song is because of the rhythm and the beat. Alicia Keys' voice is amazing. I mean it's hypnotizing. 

This song is about a girl singing about wanting a guy, she is say she doesn't want the guy. Which I think is awesome. One of the reasons I gave this song a "chance" is because I know Ms. Keys is different. She stands up in what she believes and also because she is so talented.

This part of the song has to be my favorite because its personal. She acknowledges that her and her "man" made a mistake. And that they are not meant to be together.

"We used to talk 'til midnight
All those days that you stayed at my house
We were just passing the time
When we were young and we ain't had no vows
Now, now, now maybe later on, I'll text you and maybe you'll reply
We both know we had no patience together day and night
Getting high on our supply, yeah, we ain't satisfied
I could love you all occasions

We got way too much in common
If I'm being honest with you
We got way too much in common
Since I'm being honest with you

Who wants to love somebody like me?
You wanna love somebody like me?
If you could love somebody like me
You must be messed up too
Who wants to love somebody like me?
You wanna love somebody like me?
If you could love somebody like me
You must be messed up too"


I would recommend this song to anyone how wants to listen to pop/modern music. Also if they love Alicia Keys' voice. 

Link:
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment