Monday, May 2, 2016

Choice of the Week: You Don't Own Me by Grace ft. G-Eazy (Cover of Lesley Gore's)

I really, really love this song. It's one of those songs that I was sad to not discover it sooner. I know that "You Don't Own Me" was originally performed by Lesley Gore, I think Grace did an AMAZING cover of the song. It has to be one of the best covers I've heard, it has the same sound but more modern. 

I appropriate the thought obviously was put in. I actually like G-Eazy's part, which surprised me. Both Grace's voice and his really go together. The lyrics are great, the ones that were added just flow perfectly. Grace sings so patiently, she really put herself into it. 

My favorite part of this song is;

I don't tell you what to say
I don't tell you what to do
So just let me be myself
That's all I ask of you
I'm young and I love to be young
I'm free and I love to be free
To live my life the way I want
To say and do whatever I please


I love this song because it is a song about a strong, independent woman and I think we need more songs like that.

Link:
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment