Friday, August 5, 2016

Book Review: Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz

Book Description:

"Aristotle is an angry teen with a brother in prison. Dante is a know-it-all who has an unusual way of looking at the world. When the two meet at the swimming pool, they seem to have nothing in common. But as the loners start spending time together, they discover that they share a special friendship—the kind that changes lives and lasts a lifetime. And it is through this friendship that Ari and Dante will learn the most important truths about themselves and the kind of people they want to be." -Goodreads

Book Review:

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is about teen, Ari, who is angry. His family expects him to be the son his brother wasn’t. He didn’t want friends, well until he met Dante. A strange kid he is, but he starts to make Ari happy. A friendship quickly sprouts between the two boys. And the longer they know one another, the stronger it grows. Stronger than a friendship.


Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe made my heart bleed. I honestly have not read a book that really made me cry for the characters. And one of the reasons why I love it so much is because it was happy. Most of the romance books you’ll read now a days are beyond depressing. I’m not saying every book should be rainbows and butterflies, but it shouldn’t make the reader depressed. I was happy, sad, and ecstatic throughout this book.


Aristotle, Ari, is a strong character. He’s sort-of close with his mother and doesn’t know his father even though he sees him everyday. It doesn’t help that he has this silent of pressure of not being like his older brother who is in prison. He has always been the silent but deadly type at school and never had plans to have friends, well of course until the adorable Dante came in.


Dante is adorable. His character made me laugh and smile. I felt that he went through the emotional struggles of trying to find himself later on in the book. I appreciated that he wasn’t sure because us teenagers are always searching for ourselves. The way he talked and acted around Ari was beautiful. You could really tell that he loves this boy.

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe really is an amazing book. I think it’s a book that everyone needs to read. I cannot believe that I haven’t heard of it before, I’m almost angry that I haven’t. This book is beautiful and I’m happy to give it five stars!


Link:
Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment