Monday, June 12, 2017

Book Review: Marco's Seeds by Nathan Smith

Marco's Seeds
By Nathan Smith
Genre: Middle-Grade Fiction. Scifi
Book Description:

Marco is a little quirky. He never knew he lived on a spaceship. Or that he had a special mission. But one day, when space debris ripped a hole in his section of the ship, he learned.

He and the other children scramble to fix the damaged ship. The other kids were taught useful repair skills, but all Marco knows about are plants and farming. Not very useful when trying to repair a broken spaceship.

To the other children, Marco is strange and useless, but soon they will learn that he is critical to the mission’s success. 

Book Review:

Marco's Seed is a really nice children's novel. As someone who is not a child reading it, some things did make the book unenjoyable at times like the fast pace. Everything was just action action action, it never stopped. Don't get me wrong Marco is an adorable and pure character who is just in love with nature and art. I love the message of that, but there was a lot of unnecessary thoughts and dialogue that made that fast-paced adventure novel a bit boring. 

I will admit I love the idea of the Eden program and how each child has a special skill. Andy and his pet rock Peter were my favorite, he was just so sassy. I did feel Dr. Stacy was a little dark for a children's book with opening up stuff animals and seeing them "tick". A little weird, but it made her role stand out. I do wish that Mr. Smith would've concentrated on the children and concentrating on developing their characters instead of it being about Mom and Dad. It just got really repetitive. Overall I give Marco's Seeds four stars. 

Author Bio:

Writing is an addictive thing, especially when you start young. I started writing when I was sixteen. A friend convinced me to write a zombie survival story. When I wrote a foreword for my unpublishable zombie book, I accidentally wrote the best sentence of my life. “As a scribe sold to my mind as a slave I am free.” This sentence sums up my work and why I write. I hope you enjoy my stories. You can get a hold of me through my DM on Instagram @nathanrsmithwriting or my contact page at nathansmithwriting.com. I’d love to connect and say “hi.”#abookforadream 

Links: 


This book is FREE for teens!  Visit the author’s website and use the online form to write a goal you have for your life: https://www.nathansmithwriting.com/marco-s- seeds


No comments:

Post a Comment