Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Interview with Kristin Seaborg, author of The Sacred Disease

Can you tell us about your book, The Sacred Disease?

The Sacred Disease is a memoir about living with epilepsy and how I learned to cope with the vulnerability and uncertainty of living with chronic illness at the same time I trained to be a physician.  The book chronicles not only my experiences during college and medical school but also the early years when I was a mother and a pediatrician.

How long did it take for you to write your book?

I started writing the book at least four times over the course of 10 - 15 years.  I finally started writing with purpose, however, when I was on maternity leave with my daughter. My daughter is now 6 and the book was compiled in spare moments over the past 6 years.

Was it your first time being published?

Yes, this is my first time being published although it has long been a dream of mine.

Have you been interested in writing the majority of your life?

I have always loved the challenge of putting words on paper to create a three- dimensional image in a reader’s mind.  I wrote reams of poetry during adolescence and journaled a lot as a high school and college student.  When I started college and medical school, though, my time to write dwindled away until I made a more conscious effort 

Do you have any routines to help you write?

I take my laptop wherever I go.  With a busy schedule and three kids, I never know when I might have a spare ten or fifteen minute to write.  When I do have dedicated time to write, I love sitting in my neighborhood coffee shop by the fire.  The background noise actually helps me to focus on the task at hand.

Author Bio 

Kristin is a practicing pediatrician in Madison, Wisconsin, where she lives with her husband and three children. She contributes magazine articles about pediatrics and parenting, and writes a blog about epilepsy, www.oneintwentysix.com. An advocate for epilepsy awareness, Kristin hopes that writing about her disease will help decrease the stigma associated with seizures. You can find Kristin at www.kristinseaborg.com, on Facebook at Kristin Seaborg MD, Author, and on Twitter @KristinSeaborg.


Purchase On Amazon: http://amzn.to/1XXQLAS

On Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1U5J4Ts


No comments:

Post a Comment