Saturday, April 23, 2016

Book Review: The Samsaric By G.W.Lwin

The Samsaric
By G.W.Lwin
Genre: Fantasy Horror
Book Description:
SAMSARA: "The cycle of birth, death and rebirth within the realms of existence ..." The plague of 1918 A.D. The mortal world is in a state of devastation. A woman wakes up in an abandoned temple of Kali, the goddess of darkness, in the ancient city of Gaya. She does not know where she is. She does not remember the events leading to this. She only hears the familiar voice of a tormented man who has haunted in her dreams. He tells her a story - of a time of souls and suffering, of immortality and gods, of life and death. This, he says, is Mesopotamia. The SAMSARIC is a fast-paced fantasy-horror novel full of history, horror and vampirism from an ancient era.
Book Review:

The Samsaric is a book about a woman who meets a man that has visited her dreams. He tells her his story and the tales of gods and goddesses, heartbreak and happiness.

The Samsaric started off good, but I noticed the book become slower which was fine. I just wouldn't label the novel as "fast-paced". The concept of the book is wonderful. I love supporting books with a non-cliche story line. I will admit I didn't get a whole lot of a vampire feel. I did like the usage of ancient gods and goddesses. It was very interesting. There was a handful of grammatical mistakes. I would maybe doing a revision of the book with an editor.

Overall, I thought The Samsaric has a great approach and I cannot wait to see how the book will be doing in the future. Three and a half stars!
Author Bio:
I love anything that comprises the old and the ancient full of rich history and spirituality. For me, reading and learning from our ancient past is truly a beautiful, unique and intriguing journey.
From a young age, I have felt that there were two versions of me: the old spiritual one and a young soul who still lives in his fantasy world.
However, both of these versions share one commonality - my interest in vampires from the ancient mythology and beliefs. I was mesmerised by their folklore since young.
The need to express is very strong within me. Writing, for me, provides this gateway and helps me to grow as a person. It is a life-long learning path that I gladly embark.
As a writer, I would like to improve each and every stage of writing, to possess the art of crafting words to communicate the emotions that arise from within to the readers ... a vision shared by many authors.
Links:

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Emily for your hosting my book and for your honest review.

    Kind regards,

    Greg

    ReplyDelete