Friday, April 17, 2015

Interview with Linda James (Seachange @ Work)



















Why did you pursue writing?

I don’t think initially I set out to be an author, however I had information that I wanted to share with more people and to put the information into a book seemed the natural progression.  I was already teaching and sharing the information with my students and clients, however, from feedback I was receiving, I felt that many people could benefit from a more energised working day. Once I started the writing process I discovered that I really enjoyed it and want to continue writing more books.

What inspired your book?

I was going through a very challenging time in my corporate job, when I went to the Mind Body Spirit Expo and discovered a college that was running a diploma course on energy healing. 

Although I had no intention of doing a course, and knew nothing about energy healing, I felt a strong pull to enroll in the course.  Two years later I was teaching at the same college part time while I continue my corporate role. I found that what I had learnt had changed me in many ways, and I was starting to experience my work environment in a different way; a much more positive and energised way.

About 7 years ago, after many more courses and experiences, I left the corporate world to focus on my energy healing, counseling and coaching passion.  I shared my ideas and ancient wisdom with my clients and students and could see the positive outcomes. 

How long have you been publishing your work?

I have been writing inspirational and teaching inspirational courses for 15 years, but this is my first published book.

What’s your writing environment like?

I write from my home office, which overlooks my garden. The garden is surrounded by trees and located away from the road.  There are no sounds of passing traffic. My office has lots of colour, crystals and mementos of my travels. It is a calm and peaceful place to write uninterrupted.  

What projects are you currently working on?

I am working on a short, how to, book on Purpose and Passion and then a book on Intuition.  I have a couple of ideas for fiction books, with spiritual messages, I am looking forward to writing.



The more Linda learnt about energy healing and spiritual wisdom, the more she discovered that we can incorporate it into our working life. She found that we can experience our working day in a more positive and energised way. Linda’s desire is to take ancient wisdom and energy techniques to the business world in a way that workers, managers and executives can understand and use to make positive changes for their personal wellbeing, the wellbeing of the staff and their colleagues, and the health of the business itself.
Linda Mary James was born in England, and spent time in Toronto, Canada before moving to live and work in Sydney, Australia. In writing Seachange @ Work Linda draws on more than 30 years’ management experience and concurrently over 15 years energy healing experience. She is a Certified Energy Healer, Holistic Counsellor and Transformational Life Coach, writer and teacher of inspirational courses in Sydney, Australia.Be your authentic self in the workplace
Links:


(Twitter) Linda James @LindaJa37222250





No comments:

Post a Comment